About Gambling Impact Society
The 7th of July 2000 saw the inaugural meeting of the Gambling Impact Society (NSW), a not-for-profit peak organization with the following aims:
- To provide a consultative body to represent the interests of problem gamblers and their families.
- To provide a focal point for information for people affected by problem gambling and service providers.
- To develop educational resources and information pertinent to the issues of problem gambling.
- To increase public awareness of problem gambling and its impacts.
- To encourage regional and local action on problem gambling through the provision of information and other supportive resources.
- To work with service providers, gambling industries and governments to develop responsible gambling policies and harm minimization strategies in the community.
- To encourage the development of appropriate treatment services for those affected by problem gambling.
- To encourage and support research in the field of problem gambling.
- To provide a forum for problem gamblers and their families to be heard and supported in their endeavours to deal with the impacts of gambling.
The Society’s management committee meets from 1-3 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month at the Nowra Neighbourhood Centre Nowra. The Chairperson, Kate Roberts, is contactable via the Centre on 02 44 215 077